Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Entry 2: Chinese New Year 2009

Hello Again

Time flies so fast! It's another year in the Chinese Lunar New Year. The week before CNY, my students of class 5.4 were busy decorating the classroom. The class has been transformed into Chinatown :O) They brought lots of decorations, hangbaos and self-made OX to make the class beautiful. They even spent some afternoons in school to decorate the class. Well done, kids. I'm so proud of you. This is what I call 'INDEPENDENCE' and it requires 'SELF DISCIPLINED' to make it happened.


During CNY, I spent most of the time at home :) I wanted to go out but most of the shops were closed. Orchard Road was like a ghost town. Can you imagine almost no one was in town. What was I thinking? Of course, Orchard Rd was not bustling as usual as most of the shoppers and sellers were busy collecting hangbaos, like my students. I wonder who would collect the most $$ in my class. He or she can donate to 'Ms Sue's Trust Fund'. Just kidding! I hope my kids are able to save the money and use it wisely, especially nowadays the economy is not doing well compared to years ago. So kids, please save your money in the piggy bank and think twice or thrice before spending it :)

2 comments: